Read the latest information on Marquand Zion's Covid Testing and procedures. Includes an open letter to all parents and students about MZ's Policies. A copy of this letter was sent home with students on Friday, January 22, 2021.
January 22, 2021
Re: Covid-19 Testing
Dear Parents and Staff:
The Marquand-Zion R-VI School nurse is able to test students and staff that are symptomatic of the SARS Covid-19 virus. Please see below for the list of known symptoms. If a child or staff member becomes symptomatic and wants to be tested the following are the proper procedures:
- If you are symptomatic, do not enter any of the buildings.
- Call one of the building administrators or nurse to set an appointment
- Wait in your vehicle in the lane between the gym and the ball field
- The nurse or designee will come to your vehicle when the testing room is ready
- Please wear your mask in the building and go straight to the concession stand
- Remain seated in the concession stand during the testing process
- The nurse will let you know your results and give you directions
- If positive, you will be instructed to return to your vehicle with the least amount of contact and the Madison County Health Department will contact you with isolation and quarantine details.
- If negative, the nurse will discuss the symptoms and when it is best to return to class.
List of known symptoms include:
Loss of taste and/or smell
Any NEW cough
Fever greater than 100.3
For more information contact the school at 573-783-3388.
A letter has been sent home with your student on 1/22/2021